This flood of conflicting emotions often boils over. When it does, school staff members are often the ones burned.
A few reminders to keep in mind during this school year:
- Educators do not go into the field for money or glory. There isn't any. They do it for the kids.
- School staff members are not perfect. We make mistakes, as do you. Let's forgive each other and move on.
- We probably don't know what made you unhappy at your last school, and don't appreciate being held responsible for things outside our control.
- People who work in schools want the best outcome for all students. We don't want children to be unsuccessful.
- Many teachers act as surrogate parents, purchasing clothing and school supplies, giving guidance, and watching children when their families are delayed after school.
- We just want a chance to do the best we can. Please give it to us.