Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wellness Wednesday - Starting to Want to Exercise...

It's no secret that I hate exercise. My motto is that I'll run if a bear is chasing me. And then only a little faster than anyone else. Also not above tripping someone.....

Back on topic. I decided in January to improve my health. So far I've lost 22 pounds. I'm dieting, but also making more of an effort to exercise. In the past, I'd go to the gym if someone was waiting on me, or if I couldn't find an excuse to stay home.

I've had a bad cold for the past week, but that's pretty much resolved itself. I found I miss the good feeling I get from exercise, the extra energy, and the lower numbers on the scale. Although my gym buddy couldn't go tonight, I went anyway.

Glad I did. I feel better, and am one step closer to looking better. My blood pressure has dropped from 132/90 (scary) to 113/78 (much better). I have lost two sizes. I feel so energized and am willing to participate in more physical activity.

How do you motivate yourself to exercise?