- Discuss the upcoming changes.
- Make some plans and set up a new routine.
- Emphasize the positive aspects of the different schedule.
- Discuss concerns, but don't allow your child to dwell on them.
Soon it will be time to prepare for a new school year. More tips:
- Say good things about the staff--if you set up bad expectations, they will be fulfilled.
- Talk about how you will prepare things like supplies and clothing.
- Arrange for a time to tour the new school/classroom and visit with the teacher.
- Generate excitement by helping your child review good memories from the past year.
What are your best tips for ending or beginning a school year?