Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wellness Wednesday - Changing Our Outlook

About a month ago, I was invited to speak at a conference on religion and disabilities. I was only able to get off work for 1 day of the 2.5 of the conference,  but my coauthor could entire the entire event. Frustrating? Yes, but I chose to appreciate the time I was offered.

Then a very important work meeting was scheduled during the same time I was scheduled to speak. Again, I  made a conscious determination to look for a solution rather than becoming upset. My boss agreed to let someone else attend in my place. Relief.

I found out during a work meeting that the class I was supposed to teach had been moved to lunch time that day. I had a day packed with meetings, but was able to slip away and do the class. That afternoon, the assistant principal at my school asked if I could take time from my one personal day at the event to make some phone calls. I politely refused, and she was very gracious about it.

Today is my time to spend learning and giving the keynote address. I anticipate there will be some challenges, but pray things will go well. If they don't, I'll have more opportunities to practice my patience.

How do you take setbacks in stride?

No comments:

Post a Comment