Many times what is making us unhappy are not our circumstances, but what we think about our lives. Here's how to edit your thoughts and lift your mood:
- Run your impressions by your friends to check accuracy.
- Have a planned distraction--something else to think about, preferably a happy time in your life.
- Give yourself a break. It's often easier to forgive yourself than others. Don't take that guilt trip.
- Let go of hurtful events rather than reliving them over and over.
- Look for a solution rather than reviewing the problem.
- Talk to a loved one to help you sort things out or for a distraction.
- Do something fun. Have some quick enjoyable activities ready for when you need a boost.
How do you edit your thoughts?