Saturday, December 12, 2009

Delightful Students

One of the more fun parts of my job is working with students. I enjoy observations, but it's even more fun to challenge them and find out how each one learns.

I was blessed to be able to work with an especially delightful young man last week. He has a positive attitude about everything, is possibly the most polite person I have ever met, and just generally a joy to be around.

Why is this student so wonderful? I "blame" his parents. They have taken the time to teach him good grooming, manners, and how to adapt to new situations. They have a close-knit extended family for support, and work together to make sure this youth has what he needs. This child also has support for his academics, and I'm sure this will continue as he learns job skills.

Despite his disabilities, he has a great outlook on life, and is a hard worker. I predict he will have a wonderful life!

I wonder if I can get these great people to teach a parenting class?

No comments:

Post a Comment