Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Focus, Focus, Focus!

As I contemplate the beginning of another year, I have loads of plans. Many include travel for family events. My oldest son will graduate with his PhD this year from a school in Arizona. My second son just received his BS, and will earn a Master's by next Christmas in Utah. My youngest is a senior in high school who would like to have her siblings (plus one currently going to school in Idaho) with her at graduation. My father-in-law will turn 90 in June in Philadelphia.

My other plans include trips to promote my book, including a conference in Utah in April, and a book launch party also in Utah in June.

My concerns focus on money. How to afford all of this?

I had already decided to diet before my upcoming adventures. Now I see I also need a financial diet. Back to my roots of couponing, shopping sales, and asking "Do we really need this?"

I begin today. Although the holidays are far from over, I resolve to cut down on the calories, ramp up the exercise, and squeeze those pennies until they scream.

I'll let you know how it's going.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lynn, this is Sally S. We live the same life! Keep us "posted" on your successes.

    ReplyDelete