Monday, December 14, 2009

No Coincidences!

I picked up my daughter, Cassie, after school, and ran to the grocery store. On the way home, we passed the library. Cassie had mentioned she needed some books to prepare for the AP English test, so I impulsively asked her if she wanted to stop.

After a lap around the building to look for a parking place, I had a great time browsing the new books section. I sat down to take a peek and see if these books were really good choices. I noticed my old friend, Don Payne, talking to the librarian.

I decided to tease Don about buying (dis) Abilities in the Gospel when it comes out. He always gives as good as he gets, asking me why I didn't get him to illustrate it. The librarian then offered to host a book signing after publication. I happily agreed!

Don then approached me as I left, pointing out that I needed to record this in my journal because "There are no coincidences!"

I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment